Also look at the IREB® CPRE page, the IREB® About page and the IREB® Exams page
REQB® Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering is a widespread qualification scheme worldwide, and the syllabi contents and glossary are key references for the requirements engineering profession, for the following reasons:
- High quality syllabi: all syllabi are developed and reviewed by leading requirements engineering professionals from academia and industry.
- Global recognition: certifications are recognized globally because of the consistent application of REQB® policies and procedures by the member boards.
- Common language: the REQB® Glossary provides a common vocabulary for the profession.
- Objectivity: the assessment of requirements engineer capabilities is conducted independently by REQB® and provides objective verification of competencies.
- Adherence to a Code of Ethics: all REQB® certified requirements engineers adhere to the Code of Ethics defined by REQB®.
- Public Availability: REQB® glossary and syllabi is made freely available on the REQB® website and on the Member Board websites in local languages.
- Openness: REQB® materials are developed on a voluntary basis and are open to contributions from anybody interested in joining REQB®working groups.
- Independence: the non-profit nature of REQB® ensures that content is not constrained by particular methodologies or technologies, and is able to draw on best practices from a wide variety of sources.
- Continuous improvement: syllabi and other documents are continuously being improved to meet the needs of Business Organizations around the world and to keep pace with the development of the profession.
- Professional standing: being certified provides advantages for individuals and organizations by ensuring that requirements engineering professionals meet the high standards set by the REQB®.
Benefits for Professionals
- International recognition of acquired competencies and skills
- Certification offers the opportunity of learning a common language within the professional discipline. Over the course of time, different enterprises have developed different terminologies and terms for one and the same subject matter. REQB® certification offers an opportunity to introduce a more uniform language for requirements engineering
- Authorized to use the “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering” logo (specifying the level of certification)
- Whole of career path support, from Foundation to Expert level
Benefits for Companies
- Certification ensures comparability on an international level, thanks to the fact that all certifications are issued internationally. Once a certification has been obtained, this is an indicator that the certified individual has developed an understanding of the international language of requirements engineering
- REQB® certification can provide a competitive advantage for companies, promising a higher level of compliance of the applications being developed with the customer needs due to efficient and cost effective requirements engineering practices derived from the REQB® competencies
- Consulting companies with certified staff can offer higher-level services to customers, increasing revenues and brand value
Benefits for Accredited Training Providers
- Educational institutions and consulting companies may become an REQB® Accredited Trainer Provider according to processes and rules defined at the international level
- Accredited Training Providers ensure a high standing of training is delivered through having:
- certified trainers
- the content, quality and syllabus coverage of training materials checked by REQB® Boards
- advance notice of changes to the REQB® Glossary and syllabi
- Accredited Training Providers are entitled to use relevant logos and are listed in the REQB® Website