Also look at the IREB® CPRE page, the IREB® About page and the IREB® Exams page
To continually improve and advance the requirements engineering profession by defining and maintaining a Body of Knowledge which allows requirements engineers to be certified based on best practices, connecting the international requirements engineering community, and encouraging research.
- We promote the value of requirements engineering as a profession to individuals and organizations.
- We help requirements engineers to be more efficient and effective in their work, through the certification of competencies.
- We enable requirements engineers to progress their career through a Professionals' Code of Ethics and a multi-level certification pathway that provides them with the skills and knowledge they need to fulfil their growing responsibilities and to achieve increased professionalism.
- We continually advance the Requirements Engineering Body of Knowledge by drawing on the best available industry practices and the most innovative research, and we make this knowledge freely available to all.
- We set the criteria for accrediting training providers, to ensure consistent delivery of the Body of Knowledge, world-wide.
- We regulate the content and coverage of exam questions, the examination process, and the issuing of certifications by official examination bodies.
- We are committed to expanding requirements engineering certifications around the world, by admitting member boards into the REQB®. These boards adhere to the values, code of ethics, standards and processes defined by the REQB®, and participate in regular audits.
- We nurture an open international community, committed to sharing knowledge, ideas, and innovations in requirements engineering.
- We foster relationships with academia, government, media, professional associations and other interested parties.
- We provide a reference point against which the effectiveness of requirements engineering services can be evaluated, by maintaining our prominence as a respected source of knowledge in requirements engineering.